23 July 2021
We're seeking an experienced business leader and strategic thinker to join the ATNZ Board of Directors.
As part of the Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE) currently underway, ATNZ will soon be transitioning from its current structure as solely a Group Training Organisation into a profit for purpose Private Training Establishment.
The new vision is to be New Zealand’s leader in innovative apprenticeship and tailored work-based training in the engineering and manufacturing sectors.
As such, we are well positioned for our non-executive directors to provide leadership to the CEO and to contribute to ATNZ becoming a commercially vibrant, standalone organisation.
About the Director Vacancy
We are seeking a non-executive Director to join the Board. Knowledge or experience of the Private Training Sector would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
This is a unique opportunity for candidates with an interest in helping our industries to succeed through education by growing the skills base of the engineering and manufacturing sectors to best in class through highly sought-after skills training. This is a great chance for a candidate wishing to be involved in a business embarking upon an exciting new chapter.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Strong commercial acumen and extensive business experience at a senior level or as a business owner
- The ability to empower leadership teams with experience reviewing, monitoring, and developing strategic plans and annual budgets
- An interest in the New Zealand vocational education sector
- A strong focus on strategic thinking and collaboration
- A commitment to excellence in governance practice and culture with relevant governance training through the IOD or equivalent
- Time for board meetings (approximately one day per month including pre-reading).
Modest remuneration and expenses covered.
How to apply
For a position description or to apply for the role, please submit a CV and covering letter highlighting the qualities and experience you would bring to the board to:
ATNZ HR Manager
Applications close at 5pm on 20 August 2021.